Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I clean the outside of my metal teapot?
- How do I clean the inside of my metal teapot?
- What is the warranty coverage period for my teapot?
- Who do I contact when I have a complaint about a Bredemeijer product?
- Can I acquire spare parts of Bredemeijer products?
- What is the best way to make tea?
- Where can I buy Bredemeijer products?
- The lid of my Bredemeijer teapot is too loose or too tight, how can I solve this?
Buff the outside of the teapot with a soft cloth. Small, light scratching or a dull outside of the teapot can be made shiny again with a mild chrome/copper polish.
Do not use any descalers, chemicals, abrasives and/or cleaning agents to clean the inside and outside of the teapot.
To remove the (dark brown) lime scale on the inside of the teapot we recommend the following:
It says on the bottom of your teapot whether your teapot is dishwasher safe.
With this icon your teapot is suitable for dishwasher safe.
With this icon, or if no icon is used, your teapot is not dishwasher safe.
If your teapot is dishwasher safe, you can clean it in the dishwasher.
If your teapot is not dishwasher safe, or when there is no symbol or icon indicated, follow the following instructions:
- Fill the teapot with (boiling) hot water and add washing-up liquid
- Allow to soak for a few minutes
- Gently clean the inside with a soft washing-up brush
- Repeat this if necessary
With persistent scale we advise the following:
- Instead of adding washing-up liquid to the hot water, add half a dishwasher tablet
- Allow to soak for one half hour maximum
- Gently clean the inside with a soft washing-up brush and repeat if necessary
This cleaning treatment will remove the scale from the inside surface but may leave light and dark superficial stains. They will not affect the (tea) flavour or your health.
Do not use any descalers, chemicals, abrasives and/or cleaning agents to clean the inside and outside of the teapot. After use, the teapot must be emptied, do not allow water or tea to remain in the teapot.
Bredemeijer offers a 2 year warranty against manufacturing defects.
You can take the product and its proof of purchase back to the shop where you bought it.
Yes, various parts such as lids, knobs, handles, felt and inner pots can be acquired at any shop that sells Bredemeijer products. Click here for sales outlets.
- The flavour of the tea depends on the water used. Soft, lime deficient water tastes the best. Do not allow the water to boil too long, for this will result in oxygen disappearing from the water. Oxygen ensures a better absorption of the tea aroma.
- Bring the water to the boil. The heat depends on the kind of tea. For black teas the water must be just at the boiling point. For green tea a boiling temperature of 75⁰C is ideal.
- Pre-rinse the teapot with some boiled water. Then fill the teapot with the boiled water. When you fill the teapot at least 90%, the tea will remain warm longer in a double-walled Bredemeijer teapot.
- Preferably use a tea filter with loose tea. It will give the leaves plenty of space to pass their aroma on to the water. You could, of course, also use a teabag in the teapot.
- Stir the tea before pouring it. The tea at the bottom will be stronger than at the top.
- After use, rinse the teapot with hot water.
You can buy Bredemeijer products at the better specialist tea shops, cookery shops and department stores. Please refer to our website at sales outlets.
You can easily solve this problem by following the steps detailed below.
Remove the lid from the teapot. At the side of the teapot you will find three small hooks.
You will need a pointed object that you can insert behind the hook. Preferably the point of a ballpoint. Be careful with sharp objects (screwdriver, knife, nail file, etc.) for these objects can damage the teapot or you could hurt yourself.
You wish to loosen the lid? Place the ballpoint behind a hook and gently press it inwards. In general this slight inward push is sufficient. Do the same with the other two hooks.
You wish to tighten the lid? Then gently push the hooks slightly outward.
Place the lid back on the teapot and check whether it fits properly now. If not, repeat (one of) the steps referred to above.